Tuesday, April 19, 2011

The Beginning of a Causal Blog


So I decided to make this blog as a way to journal my education in signal processing, robotics and automation, my focus areas of study as an undergrad in Electrical Engineering at the University of Texas at Austin.  Right now I am in a class called EE 313 called Linear Systems and Signals and this is by far one of the most interesting classes that I have taken at UT, so much to the point of where I have actually started to read the book for enjoyment to learn a little bit more.  Right now I am getting ahead in 313, covering such topics such as properties of the Fourier Transform, filer design, and design of receivers that not only do not distort the signal, but are able to amplify the signal as well.  All this stuff has practical application in regards to design of sound systems, television screens, cell phones, optical materials, etc.  In other words,  systems and signals affect us in almost all aspects of our life.  I'm not sure where this will take me, but I am reminded by this clip...


I thank the website Coding Horror for finding this gem of a 1980's movie clip.

No comments:

Post a Comment